Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Sting


So I just watched The Sting on TCM tonight for the first time. Now I have seen 31 of the Best Picture Winners. I've decided to mention whenever I see a new movie that I was a Best Picture Winner. Since there are still a lot of them that I haven't seen. That way everyone can be included in the experience of me seeing them for the first time, even if it is through a post on a blog, lol. 

Anyway, what I loved about this movie was the soundtrack. The Scott Joplin music fit perfectly for 1930's Chicago. Plus, I just like jazzy/blues music and that time period as well. It's also cool that it was based on a real story about these characters that Robert Redford and Paul Newman play. 

Of course if it takes place in Chicago in the 1930s, you have to have con men and gambling and all that stuff going on. It was a lot of fun to watch though and entertaining. I enjoyed seeing Robert and Paul work together again. I think I liked it more than Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! :D 
Overall rating: 4 out of 5 

1 comment:

  1. i way prefer this to Butch and Sundance, which always made me cringe when "Raindrops keep falling on my head" plays. i like the ensemble cast here as well.

    ReplyDelete