Kind of a weird title for a post, but I watched 3 movies this weekend that I hadn't seen before and I wanted to update this blog.
So the first movie that I saw was Pal Joey with Frank Sinatra, Kim Novak and Rita Hayworth. I mostly wanted to see it because it is a musical and those are my favorite, but also I enjoy listening to Frank Sinatra sing. It wasn't the best musical that i've seen, but it was decent enough. Of course with most Frank Sinatra movies, he was a playboy. Rita Hayworth was the older woman he was using Frank Sinatra's character as her "boy toy." Kim Novak played a chorus girl who was the "good" one in the sense that she didn't do the strip number (she was going to do it for Joey because he suggested it) but otherwise it wasn't really her thing. I thought it was a cute film and like I said, not the best musical i've seen, but it was still good. Overall I'd give it about a 3 out of 5 stars. :)
The next movie that I saw was the Shirley Temple movie called Bright Eyes I had it out to watch, but what really got me to see it was meeting Jane Withers at the Hollywood Show earlier this month. She was the really mean girl in the movie who treated Shirley's character bad. It is also the movie where Shirley sings her famous song "On the Good Ship Lollipop" I thought it was a cute movie, like most of her movies are when she was young, It's just another one of those great classic films to watch with your whole family. Overall rating: 5 out of 5.
The last movie that I watched is called October Baby. GMC (Gospel Music Channel) showed it for the World Premiere Movie on Sunday. I had wanted to see it in theatres, but wasn't able to so I was glad that it was shown on TV. It was a really beautiful film that showed every life is beautiful and has meaning and purpose. Hannah, was a survivor of an abortion attempt and she has a lot of health issues because of it. Her parents tell her that she was adopted and she sets out to find her birth mother. When she does find her, her mother says she doesn't know what she is talking about. The only guy who really cares about her is Jason and he helps her and stays with her on her journey to find her real mother. Anyway, her dad finds her and brings her back home. She is still upset, she thought the journey would change things, but she felt like they were the same as before. She still felt unwanted and still had lots of questions. Anyway, she goes into a church and talks to the priest. She tells him her story and he says that she needs to forgive. Forgiveness is the key to getting over the guilt and hurt that she feels. So she left her birth certificate and her mom's ID bracelet from the hospital in her office and wrote on the back that she forgave her. It had a nice ending with Hannah going to college and telling her parents thank you for wanting her and loving her. :) For those that like inspirational movies, this is definitely one to check out. Overall rating: 5 out of 5.
_01.jpg)


great post. i learned of three movies unknown to me till now :)
ReplyDelete