Saturday, January 16, 2010

Miracle In the Rain Review


I was thinking of making this the first movie I saw for the 365 Movies thing, but I don't know. I want to do that. Hopefully I can watch something everyday. I don't know. It will take up a lot of my blog. Maybe i'll just put reviews of movies that I haven't seen before on here and not do the 365 days cause I don't know if I can watch a movie everyday. I might forget or get busy and not be able to. So yeah. I'll just right about new movies that I haven't seen and stuff. :)


So, this movie takes place in New York City in 1942 and stars Van Johnson as Private Arthrur "Art" Hugenon and he's a happy go lucky guy whose dream is to be a newspaperman after the war and he loves the rain He also likes to tell stories. Jane Wyman plays Ruthie Wood, the quiet, lonely woman whose never really been with a man. In a lot of ways I saw myself relating to her character. Well, they meet each other when it's raining out and they spend a lot of time together and he tells her all these stories and he gets a story put in The New York Times and then he has to go overseas for the war and stuff and he tells her to write to him. Well she does and she doesn't hear from him for months. Then she gets a letter that he died and it's really sad. I'm not explaining the movie the best, but yeah. Then she has to take of her mother whose husband left her and stuff. Just watch it if you haven't seen it. lol.

I thought the movie was pretty good. I thought the ending was okay. Maybe could have been a little better. I felt bad for Ruthie. At least she got to see him again in like a dream type thing though. Overall I thought it was a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment