Sunday, January 24, 2010

Love is a Many Splendored Thing Review


So I saw Love is a Many Splendored Thing tonight. I thought it was a really great film. It's the second Jennifer Jones film that i've seen. William Holden is amazing as always. :)

I had a feeling that I was going to like it a lot and I did. It was super sad though at the end. I cried. :( I think it was a really great story and the costumes were great and so was the location.

Obviously the song is awesome too. I thought that William Holden and Jennifer Jones had good chemistry together in the movie as well. After I finished the movie, I watched a biography about William Holden that was on the special features of the movie. called Biography: William Holden An Untamed Spirit. It was really interesting and it showed clips from a lot of his films. I really want to see Picnic now. GAH he is just such a good actor. I think he's becoming my favorite. I love you Cary Grant, but I William Holden is taking the number 1 spot. They are both great great actors though and I love all the movies that i've seen them in. I've seen more of Cary Grant's, but I definitely want to see many more of William Holden's.

I thought that Jennifer Jones portrayed Han Suyin very well. Not letting herself feel except the people that she treated and forcing herself not to fall in love with Mark, but then she does(who wouldn't? It's William Holden!) I thought it was a very passionate love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment