Sunday, February 24, 2013

Favorite Movie Scenes: The Sound of Music (Gazebo Scene)

So here is my next favorite movie scene post. In this one I combined two scenes, but I guess it's all kind of one scene if you think about it, since the scene with her on the bench when the Captain finds her leads into the gazebo scene.

Anyway, along with The Sound of Music being my favorite movie of all time, this scene is also my favorite and I have a lot of favorite scenes/songs in this film. This one stands out the most for me though. Just seeing Maria being pensive and wondering what she is going to do now that she has found out that the Captain is going to marry the Baroness. Then he finds her sitting there and again confronts her about why she came back, with her saying "I had an obligation to fulfill and I came back to fulfill it." then he asks if that's all and she says "I missed the children" "Only the children?" "Is it right I should have missed them?" which means he hoped that she missed him because he is in love with her too. 

Anyway, he says nothing was the same when she was away and it would be all wrong again if she left and he hoped she would change her mind. I just love the lead up to it. How simple it is, with their feelings clearly there, but it isn't until he says that he and the Baroness called off their engagement that she realizes what he said and then the "You can't marry someone when you're in love with someone else, can you?" She's almost shocked that he said that and that he feels the same way. I mean here is this woman, who has never been in love before, this is all new to her and she brought his family together again and I just think it's all so beautiful. That scene is definitely one of the best movie love scenes. :)


I think it was amazing acted by both of them and they really brought out the emotions in the characters, especially Julie Andrews in her portrayal of Maria. :) The chemistry was there and then singing "Something Good" yeah, there is not enough words for me to describe this scene and beauty and simplicity of it. 

Since I can't seem to find a video of this scene on youtube, I will post a Maria & Georg Tribute video that I found instead. 

Here is the story of their love for you all to enjoy ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment